Hello all! It has been a very busy month in terms of both writing and editing. BUT I could not let the month go by without at least one opportunities post. I hope that you are still finding the motivation to get your work out there in the world. If not, what are you waiting for?
1. Dămfīno Press is pleased to announce its first annual “Afternoonified” Poetry Chapbook Contest. Entry fee: $15.00. Deadline: April 30, 2015.
2. Autumn House Press is now accepting submissions for their 2015 full-length manuscript contests in poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. Each winner receives publication and $2,500. Entry fee: $30. Postmark deadline: June 30, 2015.
Calls for Submissions:
1. RESTLESS is accepting short stories, poems, visual art, photography, or hybrid work for their Pride Month category on Submittable. They are also looking for novella-length stories and epic poems to serialize.
2. Backbone Press is currently accepting chapbook submissions. Please submit 20-30 pages of poetry.
3. Lime Hawk seeks original short fiction for their spring issue. Submissions are accepted year-round.
4. Gingko Tree Review invites submissions of up to six poems/short prose pieces or a single longer work of up to 6,000 words. Deadline: May 1, 2015.
5. Compass Literary Journal is currently accepting submissions that focus on various interpretations of loss. As this is their first issue, they are particularly interested in hearing from new and emerging writers. Deadline: April 15, 2015.
1. The Associates of the Boston Public Library is currently accepting applications for its twelfth Children’s Writer-in-Residence. The program was created to provide an emerging children's author with the financial support and quiet space needed to complete one literary work. Eligible projects include fiction, nonfiction, a script, or poetry intended for children or young adults. The fellowship provides a $20,000 stipend and an office at the Boston Public Library in Copley Square from September 2015 through May 2016. Applications must be postmarked by April 30, 2015.
As always, Black Fox Literary Magazine is accepting submissions of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, art and photography. Happy Writing!