Friday Fives- Favorite Writing Places

Song of the Day: Friday by J.J. Cale

Hello all! TGIF! Anyone have any big plans? Even better, anyone have any writing plans? I'm going to do some editing this weekend and also finish reading the novel, Girl in Translation. I'm really trying to stay on top of my reading. I think I may also try and submit a story somewhere. I haven't done Friday Fives in a while, so today I just had to participate. This week the blog Paperhangover asks:

What are your FIVE favorite writing places?

1. My Couch

This is my favorite spot. Why? Because I like to be comfortable when I write. There is much debate as to whether this is good or bad, but the truth is that most of my writing gets done here. In fact, I'm writing this blog post from my couch. If it works, I don't think it's such a bad thing.

2. My Desk

My apartment no longer has a dining space because I turned it into an office space. I have my desk against the wall and my book shelves along the side. I absolutely love sitting at my desk and going to work on a story or a novel. However, I sit there mostly on the weekends and my days off because I'm usually too tired from work. I much prefer the couch after a work day!

3. My Bed

Yes, I write in bed. Like the couch, it's comfortable. What other reason do you need?

4. Panera

I'm not a huge fan of actually going to a cafe or coffee shop to write (I prefer my house) but when I do, I like to go to Panera. I've done a lot of writing at Panera and they have a really good breakfast souffle!

5. My Car

A little unconventional, but let me explain. I'm usually thirty minutes early to work, so a lot of the time I sit in my car and write before I actually start the work day. I've written huge chunks of my NanoWriMo novels in my car.

What about you? What are your favorite places to write?

Emy Shin said... .

#5 is so awesome! I definitely should do that as well.

January 13, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Karen Strong said... .

Ha, when I didn't have any furniture in my house, I use to do #3 all the time! It was AWESOME! :)

Now I have my office back so I write there, but I used to write at #4 too!

Have a productive writing/reading weekend.

January 13, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Home, home, and home! I prefer the couch, too. My desk is good when I don't have to worry about the dog :D But like you, public places aren't good for me. I either feel claustrophobic from the people around me, or my ADHD kicks in and I'm paying attention to everyone else instead of my writing.

January 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Alicia Gregoire said... .

I don't think I could ever write in the car. Read, yes, but not write. I spread out too much for that.

January 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Carrie Monroe said... .

I can totally relate to writing in the car. I used to work two jobs so writing in the car is something I've done before.

January 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Colin Smith said... .

There are times when I have to go pick up my wife or one of my kids that I'll take a book and a notepad and pencil. Obviously the book is to read, and the pad and pencil are to use should I get story inspiration. So far, though, I seem to get sucked into the book. One day, I'm sure I'll experience writing in the car. :)

January 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Medeia Sharif said... .

It's the office, bed, or couch for me. I haven't really experimented writing in other places. When I travel, I do write in airports, but I would like to try coffee places. I have no problem writing in public.

January 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM