Song of the Day: Summer Love by Justin Timberlake
Hello all! I know what you're going to say. "Where have you been all week?" And "what happened to the Monday opportunities?" The truth is that I've been busy. Excuses, excuses right? It's the truth! If you can believe it I'm still getting back into the swing of things after taking two weeks off from work. Then there are issues at the office and I've really had to step up to the plate and also work a little more while things stabilize. Then there's Black Fox. My pride and joy...and the pain in my butt! Really, I love working on the magazine with Pam and Quita but it does take a lot of time and TLC. Anyway, I PROMISE I'll get back into the mix of the blog world.
It's Friday, so you know the deal. Friday Fives! Paper Hangover asks the question:
What are the FIVE best books you read this summer?
1. Hint Fiction edited by Robert Swartwood- Everyone knows about my obsession with flash fiction. This book contained hint fiction--stories in thirty words or less. Plus it featured a story by Joyce Carol Oates. Need I say more?
2. Walks With Men by Ann Beattie- I could relate to this story and now I've discovered another literary fiction author that I love. Ann Beattie's prose is beautiful.
3. Bicycles by Nikki Giovanni- I've read several of Nikki Giovanni's poetry books. She's one of my favorite poets and as usual, this collection did not disappoint.
4. Beautiful by Amy Reed- Read this one based on the recommendation of my sis Pam. I'm glad I listened to her. This book left me affected and I was really impressed with the writing.
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett- Okay, I'm still reading this one because I've only had time to read it in small sections, but gosh is it GOOD. If I'm not reading it, I'm thinking about reading it...Like now! I haven't felt that way about a book since I read Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates, which was at the beginning of this year.
What are some of the best books you read this summer?