Song of the Day: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2
Hello all! It's Friday so it's time for Paper Hangover's weekly Friday Fives! If you feel like participating hop over and post a link to your Friday Fives post. We writers are always having to do research on the subjects we write about, and in the spirit of that we're talking research tools today! This Week's Question:
What are your FIVE favorite research tools?
1. Google- I heart it and it's my favorite research tool. I pretty much google everything and it's the first source I go to if I need to do research.
2. Wikepedia- Probably not the most reliable, but hey, it usually gets the job done. Plus it's pretty fast.
3. Twitter- I talk about twitter all the time because its power is righteous. If you have a question you can tweet it, and almost instantly, answers come pouring in. Other writers are also tweeting and re-tweeting about resources and articles. I can't tell you how much I've learned about writing on twitter alone.
4. Merriam-Webster and Thesaurus.com - I'm always looking words up or using the thesaurus to find other words. Sometimes I have to look up terms too. I also like their word of the day tweets.
5. Blogger- Duh! I learn so much from my writer friends on blogger. Their posts are always helpful and then there are links galore on almost everyone's blogs. If you're trying to research anything writer related, or looking for writing resources, you can find it on blogger.
What about you? What are your favorite research tools?